Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Positon, Expectations, & Goals



     I have officially started as a Nordstrom intern, and so far it has been really great. I am in the Salon Shoes department and I am really excited to start selling and building relationships with customers! These first two days I have been in training. In my classes I have learned all about the history of Nordstrom; who they are, what they do, and where they are going in the future. I found out that Nordstrom in Tysons Corner was the first one put on the East Coast. Not only is it the flagship store, but it is also the largest one on the East Coast, as well. It is really exciting to be a part of the Tysons Corner Nordstrom Team and be able to learn more about this company.
An official Nordstrom employee :)



     Today my day was split up into training and shadowing my department manager. This morning I was trained on the POS and got to do transactions using different types of payment methods. I also learned selling techniques, different ways to approach your customer, and how to connect with them to build that personal relationship that Nordstrom strives towards with every customer. I also learned a lot about their fashion rewards cards, which is a great way for loyal Nordstrom customers to gain benefits by shopping there. The second half of my day I got to meet my department manager and a few of my team members in the Salon Shoes department. I pretty much got to dive right in with helping customers, but mostly I was just trying to learn our department and our stock room. It was a long successful day and I'm pretty stoked for learning more through out the rest of the week.
Outfit of the day!
     I am really thrilled to be a part of the Nordstrom team this summer and gain new knowledge and skills from this amazing experience. Big things are changing and happening with Nordstrom and I'm glad to be a part of it. I haven't been told yet what my daily/weekly goals are, but I plan to do what I can to reach those, as well as, make and reach my own personal goals. I really want to put everything I have into this internship and hopefully be offered a position for after I graduate. I am ready to meet customers needs and building lasting relationships with them. We have been told to be honest, go above and beyond, and make sure they really love what they are buying, and I plan to do all of those to satisfy my customers. I can't wait to see what's in store for the rest of this internship and I plan to make the most of it!

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Keep up the good work! Your pictures and personal blog tone is really fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily!

    I am really interested in this internship and I am wondering if you could email me so I could talk to you a little about it. My email is ked3278@uncw.edu. Thanks so much, I appreciate it!

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete